Unio Capital is an asset management firm organized to grow capital through superior returns and to protect capital from downside risk through hedging. The world may serve up dislocation, smooth sailing, or a confusing mix of both. So be it. At Unio, we welcome and expect challenging times. They are the source of opportunity.
Grow Capital. Protect Capital. Reliably. Repeatably.
That's Unio Capital's six-word motto for a world we see alternating between continuity and discontinuity. Making that motto work requires an investment approach that can handle any market situation, and a culture of high-integrity, high-intelligence, "out-of-the silo" people who work in an integrated—Unio—way.
Unio's Key Strengths
Security selection must strike a fine balance between money-making opportunity and risk management.
- 30 years of investing and development
- Global experience and reach
- Standardized, in-depth processes—yet powered by judgement and insight
- Proprietary portfolio structuring that increases opportunity even with ample diversification
Hedging to control absolute portfolio risk regardless of market conditions
- Hedging that is liquid and transparent
- Hedging designed only to protect capital, not to make money
Macro skills to "see around the corners" of forces shaping the world’s future
- Macro understanding of economic, financial, political, innovation, and socio-cultural forces
- Macro analysis of global changes that are over the horizon
Operational excellence at every level — from investing to communication to administration
- Operational effectiveness internally and externally that’s best-in-class
- Operational capability that continuously improves
People of high integrity, high investment intelligence, and out-of-silo work ethic
- Proven to be trustworthy
- Proven to have high-bandwidth investment minds
- Proven to work across boundaries — from security selection to hedging to macro understanding
Next: Culture & Principles →